sonos arc 2021 crackle

• 26 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Playing atmos movies from streaming services like netflix works fine even when loud. But when i play atmos dvds from my samsung dvd player there is an audible crackling sound thats associated to more bass heavy scenes no matter what volume it is set to. Primarily the transfomers age of darkness blu ray is one of the worst. It only occurs during atmos. If i change the dvd players ouput to regular 5.1 it no longer occurs. Any ideas whats wrong? Ive got the most up to date firmwares and highest hdmi versions needed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

What Samsung Blu-ray player are you using? What model TV do you have?

I installed a new Sonos Arc last week of August 2021. This is connected to a 2021 Samsung TU8000 TV. No problem establishing an eArc connection and receiving an Atmos signal via the TV's eArc HDMI input. 

Problem is loud popping sounds when it comes to the throbbing punchy bass. The sound is muddy and bottoming out. Arc just doesnt seem able to handle the bass sounds mostly especially during Atmos and HD5.1 play back. (By the way I don't get any Atmos effects. But that's for another day). The Arc does produce clean deep bass depending on the source. So this is a Signal/Sound  processing problem not a Hardware issue. 

The Tommorow War on Prime Video is unwatchable due to this issue. Really horrible sound. So there's definitely a Late 2021 Sonos Arc Bass Issue. The bad spots are the mid to deep bass frequencies.