Answered

Sonos app takes over Spotify playlist

• 30 January 2022
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Often, but not always, when I select a playlist on Spotify from my Google Pixel phone, the Sonos speaker Play 1 will play 3 songs.  Then it will either stop or the Sonos app will start playing songs from a different playlist.  

When it stops, there is no way to kick start it again.  I have to close the Sonos app AND unplug my Sonos speaker and hope my phone will capture it again.  Often times, all my Sonos speakers are either not found or appear greyed out on the device list.  And I am stuck listening to the music on my phone.  

Does that make sense? 

I haven’t seen any similar issue on the online forums.  

Please help.  This has been going on since I got the speakers 3 years ago. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 January 2022, 19:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

That sure sounds like some sort of wifi interference , where the speaker is disconnecting from the Spotify playlist on the Spotify servers (not your phone) and reconnecting, or trying to. Beyond the information in the linked FAQ, I’d also do a simple network refresh, by unplugging all your Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up after a few minutes, plug back in your Sonos devices.