Answered

Sonos App refreshing at launch on ios

• 21 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all. I've been experiencing this for a while now. I'm not sure if it's normal or not. 

When I open the sonos app on my iPhone 13 pro max it will refresh or search for the sonos system for a while. Initially saying no system available or errors are present and then eventually everything works fine. It's not really a big issue but sometimes it can take a while to open up and control the system.

I've screen recorded what I mean. See the link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ieZo8X4MTgK1MB9V4fBP-gng_AWi_T6Q/view?usp=drivesdk

My system is a playbar, two play:1’s and a sub. They're all in the same room as my router. Playbar is connected to TV and wired to the router. 

Does anyone know if this is normal or if it is an issue with my system?  Is there a fox for this? I have reinstalled the app and factory reset all speakers. 

TIA

Mike 

icon

Best answer by DinnertimeBandit 21 August 2022, 23:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You say “Playbar is connected to TV and wired to the router.’” but in your video, SonosNet did not look to be active under the Network settings. Check the Ethernet cable is still connected correctly.

Under Settings > System > About My System, your devices should show as WM:0 when using SonosNet.

Ah ha! Apparently the ethernet was unplugged ever so slightly. I plugged it in correctly and it is much better now! The app is working now smoothly. 

The playbar was not showing as WM:0 in settings. So I checked the ethernet connections. I guess when we replaced the router it didn't get plugged back in correct. 

Thank you Mr T.! I pity the fool!