Answered

Sonos app problem

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies
Sonos app question. I have three speakers in three rooms- bathroom, living room and bedroom. Let's say I have all three speakers going and want to switch to only play in the bathroom. The following happens: open the app, choose group, switch to only bathroom. The app then switches to bathroom and living room. Go back into that bath/living group and again choose only bathroom. The app freezes and requires reboot. After reboot it will play in the bathroom as requested. This happens every time. Any ideas why?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 May 2018, 22:09

It shouldn't be freezing, that's extremely odd. I'd recommend that when you get the app working again, submit a diagnostic. There should likely be something in that diagnostic that should explain why it's freezing....maybe.

I do this semi-regularly in a similar situation, and haven't seen it freeze. And I can't build a mental image of what might be happening to cause this.

The other thing I'd actually do first is delete the controller, then reboot the device, and download a fresh copy. All of the data is actually stored on the speakers, not the controller, so you won't lose any data. Just make sure that when you start it up again, you connect to an existing system. Then test it again, and see if it still has that behaviour.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It shouldn't be freezing, that's extremely odd. I'd recommend that when you get the app working again, submit a diagnostic. There should likely be something in that diagnostic that should explain why it's freezing....maybe.

I do this semi-regularly in a similar situation, and haven't seen it freeze. And I can't build a mental image of what might be happening to cause this.

The other thing I'd actually do first is delete the controller, then reboot the device, and download a fresh copy. All of the data is actually stored on the speakers, not the controller, so you won't lose any data. Just make sure that when you start it up again, you connect to an existing system. Then test it again, and see if it still has that behaviour.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'm seeing odd glitches with my Android controller and this latest release, turning off WiFi until it shown "No Sonos Found" and turning it back on gets it going again.