Answered

Sonos app pages blank

When I open my Sonos app all my radio stations and browse info has disappeared. There is just a white screen. The setting info is still there. My phone is an apple 7 and I have being using the Play one successfully for a few years without any problems. I can control the Play 1 with my wife’ phone / Sonos app. I have deleted the app and replaced it with no joy. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 6 January 2021, 01:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Steve 58,

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. 

If you are still experiencing issues, a diagnostic report  from your Sonos app should help us figure out what is going on.

Please post the confirmation number so we can take a look.

Hi.  I have exactly the same issue.  When I open the app (ios latest version) I get a blank My Sonos page with none of my stored radio stations displaying.

They eventually appear after a few minutes of using the app and going to different pages.

Here is a diagnostic number - 13120251.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Flexistranger

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your diagnostic number.

Would you say that it’s a few minutes or more like 30 second before the content renders again?

I must admit that I have been experiencing something similar on my iOS controller and myself and my Sonos One are less than 9’ (3m) from my router.

The interruption seems only momentary and quickly resumes. I’ll be keeping an eye on this issue.

I’ve just enabled “background refresh” for the Sonos app, I’m curious to see if this makes a difference.   

Badge

I keep getting a similar issue where my rooms and source are grayed out and the app says “Unable to connect to Sonos Fix it” .

Some times I can get it so start if I close down the app and sometimes I have to restart the phone but today I cant get it to work at all.

Even cant even get in to settings > Account/System/Services & Voice

Ah its working have sent a diagnostic 2009938487

Hi @martman. Thanks for posting.

The message you are receiving indicated an inability to connect with the Sonos system and after checking your diagnostic, I was able to determine that Sonos is not reading the network very well. I would recommend rebooting the router, modem, and all the Sonos players. Please let me know if the system does not connect following these steps.

Hello, I’m having the same issue and have been for weeks. I was on the phone with your customer service waiting for over an hour last week. They told me I had to download the new app (was never notified there was a new app). That seemed to fix it, but one week later, it’s happening again. I’ve rebooted my phone and both my systems and nothing is working. I’m connected to wifi, but the screens are all blank. Can’t access my music, radio, etc. My diagnostics confirmation number is 75610554. Please help! Thanks!

Badge

I can say that after shutting down everything it made no difference but the new app version fixed it for a while now the same issue is creeping back sometime I just give up. Though its not as bad as it was but anything less that perfect is BAD.

For the record it all seems to have gone wrong when I installed the SONOS RADIO which was  a waste of time as It doesnt have all the stations i listen to.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @heatherblack,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your issue.

The blank app page indicates that your Sonos controller app is not in contact with your Sonos system.

The diagnostic report that you submitted is coming back as corrupted, do you have any WiFi extenders or secondary routers that your phone controller could be connecting to in addition to the network that your Sonos system is set up on?

@martman, have you run a speedtest on a non cellular device in your home network?

Can you also verify that you are not operating multiple home networks from multiple routers or extenders?

I am continuously getting this on my iPhone 8 with the latest iOS update. My system is fine and it works perfectly with my “old” iPad that I haven’t updated with the latest iOS version. I’ve just submitted a diagnostic (1846117318). As I say, my system is working perfectly with both mine and my wife’s iPads (and her old iPhone that can’t update to the latest iOS).

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Nigel207, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community! I appreciate the diagnostic and let me help you with this. I also assume that the diagnostic is from the device that works. If possible, submit a diagnostic as well in the device not working because as far as I can see it should perfectly to all devices so long you’re connected to the same WiFi network. Try to reinstall the Sonos app and reboot your phone. After updating to iOS 14 and reinstalling the app, you will be prompted to enable "LocalNetworkPrivacy" for the Sonos App, ensure that you allow it. To make sure go to iOS settings->Privacy->Local Network-> Sonos and turn on the permission. 

Hope this helps. We and the community are always here to help.

Hi Krishma,

Thank you for your response. The diagnostic was from my phone that doesn’t work, which was connected to the same wifi network. I have removed the Sonos App several times and rebooted the phone. Occasionally it will work, until I want to use it the next time.  The Sonos permission is “on”.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Nigel207, thanks for your reply and appreciate the efforts. I guess my best suggestion here is to reboot since the last time you rebooted was almost a month. First, disconnect all Sonos from power and the same goes with all your network devices like your modem, router, access points. After 5-10 seconds, connect all your network devices once it comes back and you can connect again to the internet, connect all your Sonos equipment. Reboot your phone as well then observe. If it fails again, submit a diagnostic from the working and non-working controller. Reply to us with the confirmation number. We and the community are always here to help.

I have same issue. App is blank. Was working fine yesterday. I have a Sonos one and 2 x Amps on the network. 

42619917 - diagnostic number

the only change I attempted to make yesterday was to add one of my Amps as a surround to my other amp. (Which the wizard appeared to complete)

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

HI @HotNicksUK,

Thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community. We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern and for submitting the diagnostic.

In the report, there are no showing Sonos devices for us to check. To help you out with this, please follow the steps below.

1. Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Test playback and observe Sonos performance.
  2. Hardwire your Sonos Amp to your router.
    • Test playback and observe Sonos performance.
  3. User another mobile controller if available.

If still not resolved, I recommend contacting our phone support team to further look into this. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.