Question

Sonos App now playing vs Spotify now playing

• 1 August 2020
  • 6 replies

When playing Spotify through the Sonos app, the songs are not showing up in my Spotify recently played list (available via SpotifyDesktop App).  

Additionally, if I switch to the Spotify app while still playing Spotify through the Sonos app, either on iOS and desktop, the "now playing" song is not the current one that is playing the the Sonos app, but rather the last song I played through the Spotify app.  I suspect the 2 issues are related. I’ve tried logging out and in, rebooting, etc.  Systems are all up to date.  Any advice or solutions? 

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @HoddyD, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming. Regarding your question about the Sonos App Now playing and Spotify App Now playing. It should be in sync for both since Sonos is mirroring What is currently playing or not form the Spotify App, same goes with the Spotify Interface. but I’ll have this checked as well for further clarification on why this issue is happening. I'd like to verify as well that is it the same Spotify account that is being used on both controllers on the Spotify native App and the Sonos App?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon - yes the same account is being used. 

Hi @Simon B , another thing I noticed was that when I start playing Spotify from the spotify app, the “now playing” syncs between iOS/OSX devices and the sonos apps.  When I start playing spotify from the Sonos app, the now playing does not sync to the spotify apps, but does sync to other sonos apps.  Hope this helps.   

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @HoddyD, thanks for the update. Thanks for the information you gave. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

HI @Simon B .  Thanks for following up - diagnostic # is 498445054

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @HoddyD, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Upon checking on the diagnostic report. It shows that Spotify premium was successfully added and working on with your Sonos system, I also tried to check if there are any issues for the subscription and the whole system, but no issues were detected. on this case, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.