sonos app no longer working on iphone

• 18 October 2021
  • 3 replies

My Sonos app has stopped working. It has always worked well and now it doesn’t. 
I have tried : turning phone off and on.

reset phone 

reset network settings 

calling sonos 

calling apple

. The sonos can still be operated from my laptop and my friends android. I’m out of ideas can anyone help please. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Do you get any error messages?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Please be more specific than “stopped working”. Also what phone / iOS version?

Userlevel 7

Hi @Akenbak 

@controlav is correct. However, in the meantime do this:

Note: What follows assumes you have not made changes to your network. If you have we need to know what changes were made.

Make sure your device is connected to WiFi and that you can surf the web. Note: having a WiFi connection doesn’t mean you are connected to the internet. If no connection to internet..reboot your router.

Next update your iPhone to the latest iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software update. Note: while in General check your iPhone’s internal storage to be sure you have enough room to install the update if required

Unplug all Sonos and reboot your router

Delete the Sonos App and reinstall it

Plug in your Sonos 1x1 and let each come back on-line Note: If you are using a Boost module or have a speaker wired to your router that is the first component to re-connect to electrical.

Test your Sonos. Let us know the outcome.