Answered

Sonos app has lost the ability to play

• 13 September 2018
  • 2 replies

I went into the Sonos app to switch over Spotify from my laptop to Sonos and Sonos appears to be unavailable for any music! Wow! This is a first. I've tried everything I have available and Sonos appears to have the play buttons grayed out.

I work in IT so I was hoping to see an update or a thread providing more details on the issue and I'm not coming up with anything. Is this my own little world of bad tech juju or are others users also having this experience? Fix? Thoughts?
icon

Best answer by emilymotion 13 September 2018, 04:31

I unplugged and then replugged in my sonos and all 3 of them were rediscovered!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I unplugged and then replugged in my sonos and all 3 of them were rediscovered!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
A quick try for a fix would be to assign all your Sonos devices a static/reserved IP address from your router's DHCP settings page.

If it keeps happening after powering down the Sonos devices, a reboot of the router, then booting the Sonos devices you could submit a diagnostic and post the number here or use one of the other contact options to have Sonos staff review it.