Answered

Sonos app for iPhone acting sketchy?

• 29 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Anyone else notice their app acting oddly?

When I open the app on my iPhone ( 13pro and up to date ), the small now playing bar that slides up at the bottom ( shows what you were playing - where - and has a play button ), opens and closes multiple times … usually about 5-10 times, before stabilizing.

Curious if this is an app issue or something on my side ...

icon

Best answer by Corry P 31 August 2022, 09:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lyphe 

Thanks for your post!

It sounds a little funky, to be sure, but unfortunately I don’t have an iPhone to compare. It doesn’t happen on my Android device.

Does this occurrence slow down your ability to use the app - do you have to wait for it to finish, or is it over pretty quickly?

Is there any change if you reset the Sonos app and reconnect to your system? If not, I’d then suggest a reboot of your router - turn it off for at least 30 seconds, and give it about 5 minutes to sort things out before testing again.

If neither of these steps helped, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Hi Corry,

It’s over within 3-10s, and then works great.  

If it’s not a known or reported problem, then it’s on my side I guess.  I have Sonos connected via a few things, so maybe something is interfering.  I’ll check it out.  Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lyphe 

It’s probably worth mentioning that some time ago, the app was altered to start showing info immediately upon launch, rather than waiting till it had connected completely to all the units before showing anything. This speeds up the app launch, but it means you can see the app discover the rooms you have, and you first see the tiles as grey boxes before they fill in with room name and current queue entry (assuming you’re starting on the System page). You might just be seeing this process, but I would only expect to see what you see once for each device you have, so 10 flickers seems high.

It may be worth giving your iPhone a reboot.

I hope this helps.