Sonos app does not work with my podcasts

Badge
Hi there, everytime i try and listen to a podcast using the Sonos app I get like 2-5 min in and then it jumps to the next podcast in line. I cant figure out why? This never happens when i listen on my apple tv or just on my phone. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Best,
Lars

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, everytime i try and listen to a podcast using the Sonos app I get like 2-5 min in and then it jumps to the next podcast in line. I cant figure out why? This never happens when i listen on my apple tv or just on my phone. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Can you send in a diagnostic report after this happens? Reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look for you.
Badge
Hi Jeff,
Reading the other posts it became obvious to me that this is a common problem. Why do I have to do yet another diagnostics report on the same issue? It’s clearly something general in your software. Best, Lars
Badge
Anyways, it’s done
Lars,

What if it wasn't the same problem? It's entirely possible that your particular issue is unique, or part of some other aspect that shows up with the same symptoms.

But you probably want to post the number of the diagnostic that you submitted here, as Jeff requested.
Im having the same issues with podcasts. I started a separate thread here with diagnostic report:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/podcast-control-and-dropout-issues-after-last-sonos-update-6811504
Badge
The number is: 2035756193
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,
Reading the other posts it became obvious to me that this is a common problem. Why do I have to do yet another diagnostics report on the same issue? It’s clearly something general in your software. Best, Lars

Your post doesn't mention the source of the audio, so there wasn't one answer. Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. You are playing from your iOS device's storage, so you may well be running into the issue we're investigating. In the meantime, disabling auto lock in your phone's settings menu under Display & Brightness should get the podcasts streaming better. Or, you can try disabling AirPlay on non-Sonos devices in your home.
Badge
I look forward to an update that fixes the problem.
Badge
Any update on this one?
Pretty much the only update you can expect to see, given past history, is an update to the controller app, once they're ready. I've never seen them give an update, at least schedule wise, for a bug fix issue.
Badge
Dear Sonos,
What’s happening with this one? Should I sell my sonos and buy another product so I can hear my podcasts?
Best,
Lars
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

We released version 9.1 today which should help out with issues streaming from iOS devices. Please update your systems and test things out. You can read more here.
Badge
Nope. Still the same problem after the update. I submitted yet another diagnostics: 1959515655
Badge
Badge
I’m done with this product. Never buying Sonos again and I will never recommend it to anyone. What a lousy product and service. Over and out
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I’m done with this product. Never buying Sonos again and I will never recommend it to anyone. What a lousy product and service. Over and out

Hi Lars1234,

The update released has worked for some folks, but not everyone. It would be best to have our phone team take a look at the issue live. Please give us a call, you can find our phone number and hours here.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings