sonos and xfinity, same old issues

• 10 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Same problems everyone else seems to have.... set it up, worked for a few minutes... popped an error. Will not work with Xfinity now.... tried reading all the suggestions here, just made me more upset that my gear I paid good money for will not work now.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Unfortunately ‘everyone else’ is a tad indefinite. I’m not having any issues, for instance. More than 99% of the issue tend to be network related. Would you be so kind as to share what efforts you physically tried, rather than just read, so we might be able to hone in on the specific reason why your Sonos system is not working? Might be helpful if you were to tell everyone what error it ‘popped’.

Tells me to change the settings on my router.... but the switch that it tells you to change does not exhist on the xfinity router. I have taken them back to factory settings ( my speakers and play bar) tried again from the beginning, nothing. Never had an issue for the many years I owned my Sonos system, now, with xfinity, it does not link....

There’s just not enough information you’re sharing in order to begin to understand the issue. Hopefully, someone more familiar with the various types of xfinity router can jump in, or you could call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available for them to assist you.

I wish you the best of luck.