Question

Sonos and MacOS / Airplay difficulties.

• 7 July 2020
  • 1 reply

I am regularly run Netflix/Amazon Prime/Youtube from MacOS Catalina.  I have a single Sonos One connected via a wireless connection as is my MacOS iMac.  Trying to connect the Sonos One to MacOS via Airplay is an exercise in frustration.  All too often it takes 5-10 minutes to connect, failing frequently.   I use the Sonos App to connect but MacOS also has the option to select Sonos.  What steps should I take to connect, how do I reset all this to connect in the event of a failure to connect?  I can connect via my iPad and my Apple TV (though this often requires a reboot of my AppleTV).  This speaker is too frustrating to use and is seriously considering chucking it and finding an alternative.  It is too bad  because I do like the sound when it works.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @millewg, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. About your concern about difficulties on Airplay with Sonos, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.