Answered

Sonos and HomePod latency issue with AirPlay 2

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

57 replies

Did you read Jeff’s post above?

hm. ive read every post on here, cant find anyone who has the handle Jeff or who has signed off with Jeff. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

There was an update just recently that has some improvements to AirPlay 2 on Sonos that’s used which should make the sync issues much better. So I’d say to start with, can you check for updates to make sure your system gets to version 10.6 and then test things out.

My apologies, it was Keith’s post, not Jeff’s. The Sonos employee. 

Yes. Did this solve the problem for any others? I have been back and forth with SONOS support and despite trying various channels and cutting out sources of interference to the point where my system is just a sonos product hard wired to a router i still get the signal cutting out and in. They tell me we are doing a process of elimination, but when the system is reduced to an apple computer, a home network and a sonos speaker the sonos speaker is cutting out. I’m not sure that I would call this airplay2 compatibility. by way of comparison, a yamaha AV receiver in the same system works seamlessly. 

My Sonos speakers used to lose sync all the time on Airplay2, But they were rock solid when playing via the Sonos app. I updated all speakers Friday and haven’t had a single sync problem all weekend, so I’m beginning to hope that it works now. 

I believe Sonos changed some code related to AirPlay 2 in the 10.6 release, I’m pleased you’re experiencing better performance.