Question

Sonos and Chromecast pauses each other?

• 6 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi,
I don't know whether to post it here or in the Google help section, I might do both.

Whenever I play content on the Chromecast, my Sonos system pauses the audio. I naturally try to play the sound again, then it pauses the Chromecast content? This as been going on for about two days now.

Anyone with similar issues?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What are you trying to play on each? If it's from the same online source/account -- Google Play Music for example -- then what you're experiencing is to be expected. Most services only permit use of an account on one device at a time. (A Sonos system typically counts as just one 'device', regardless of how many rooms are playing.)
I have an issue with Google play and sonos, will not now , plus will not cast. Have spent a lot of time re installing sonos, re activating google etc etc. Judging by some of the posts on here I am not alone. If I cant sort t soon its all going on Ebay and I will will revert to Google cast and a sound bar.
What are you trying to play on each? If it's from the same online source/account -- Google Play Music for example -- then what you're experiencing is to be expected. Most services only permit use of an account on one device at a time. (A Sonos system typically counts as just one 'device', regardless of how many rooms are playing.)

Everything from TuneIn Radio to Netflix.
If I, through the Sonos app listens to Spotify, it is fine, but if I decide to play Netflix, the content is displayed on the screen, but the sound pauses.