Question

Sonos amp (ZP100) occasional pop or crackle/staticky sound

• 18 November 2015
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge
I've owned this particular ZP 100 unit for about seven or eight years now, and my setup has not changed ever since. This week I started noticing ocational pop or crackle sound coming out of the speakers. It is a single crackle or pop, and could happen once every 20 to 40 seconds. It sounds exactly like a vinyl record static pop. I know the issue is not in the recording because I can go over the same spot a no sound at all. It happens with all sources, confirmed. Note that this occurs even on very low volume passages.

Is this a Sonos hardware failure. I have only noticed it on this one unit, and I own 7.

I have submitted an email with diagnostic number to Sonos customer support today.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I have the same problem with my ZP-100 definitely the amp and only in one channel, wondering if SOnos can fix it? do they do repairs? Might be a loose solder connection somewhere