Question

Sonos Amp not powering on

• 29 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,  I got home today  and  found that all the power lights on my  not so old   Amp’s  no longer works,   unplugged and back   and nothing,   any idea’s ?    i looked at  taken the cover off but  i don't see a way to do so.    i have 3 units all doing the same thing  all  worked the day before,  

model Sonos - Amp 250W 2.1-Ch Amplifier - Black

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @wolfpup6.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that it can get quite frustrating to have your device stop working without knowing what happened.  Allow me to help out by recommending some of the basic troubleshooting steps.

I would recommend the following steps to check if it would help.

• Reboot the Amp. unplug it from power and plug it back after 10-15 seconds.
  • Does any light status shows?
  • If not, can we unplug the power cord from the Sonos Connect Amp and power outlet? 
  • Can we plug back the power cord to the Sonos Connect Amp and plug it into a different power outlet and check if it helps. if the Sonos Connect Amp is plugged into a power strip, can we bypass the power strip and plug it directly into a power outlet?

I would also recommend calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement if after following the above recommendation, we see no improvement.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,