Answered

Sonos AMP | Left and LFE channel not working

• 7 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello

My diagnostics report number is: 1482044825

The left output and LFE sub channel on my Sonos Amp is not working properly. The problem started today after I did some rewiring around my house and reconnected the amp. Due to this problem I have tried hard resetting the Amp and the app, with no luck. 

Left and LFE channel does not work with Line in. I have verified that my PC is not the problem as I tried a different amplifier and both channels worked. The only way to get both speakers working is if I run the amp in Mono mode, but I don’t want that. I want to use stereo.

The speakers are not the problem since I tried them on a different amp.

Both speakers work while using Spotify or any other streaming WITHIN the Sonos app, but the subwoofer output channel does not work in any mode I try. 

I verified that the balance on both my PC and Sonos was on 0, so both channels should be working. Sonos AMP is simply not accepting the LEFT channel signal

I tried with different cables, made sure all cables were seated properly, but no luck. 

The subwoofer is not problem as well. I tried on a different amp, tried a different cable, I put my finger at the end of the cable and the subwoofer was sounding normally.

My entire setup was working perfectly before today. 

Gear:

-Sonos AMP

-Bowers & Wilkins 607 

-Dayton Audio SPA250DSP Subwoofer Plate Amp driving a JL Audio 8W7AE-3

icon

Best answer by DrPotatoes 7 June 2020, 09:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Wasted hours looking at the wrong thing. Sub and left channel cables were switched. Haha, please close this

How do you like those 607s paired with the Amp? I’ve been thinking about getting a pair of the 607 anniversary editions.

How do you like those 607s paired with the Amp? I’ve been thinking about getting a pair of the 607 anniversary editions.

They’re amazing. I’ve never had any speaker perform like these. The stereo imaging is superb and accurate. You really feel like if you’re inside the recording studio. The amp provides plenty of power to fill a small apartment with very loud, clean sound. The natural eq of the speakers is on the brighter side, they do lack the mid-bass punch, but you can expect that from small drivers, but paired nicely with the subwoofer with a crossover at 95Hz, you won’t be lacking anything. I definitely recomendable this setup over using sono’s speakers. The amp provides the power and great functionality, but the speakers bring in the last touch that make it “just right”

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7b2rutmnw1bxop6/AABJwSmkZV5jEN29K3kbaLuqa?dl=0

just take a listen with headphones