Question

Sonos:AMP connection woes

• 14 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
I have 3 sonos products. Play:5, One and a new AMP.

The problem is the AMP, it's forever losing connection to the system and doesn't appear in the rooms list. Despite it showing a solid white light. I cannot re-add this speaker at all using the button on the back, or via the app.

The only way to re add it is to turn the power on for a few seconds and add it again. Then it will appear, until is disappears in a few days and I have to do the same crap again. It's getting very annoying.

Anyone experience similar problems?

1 reply

Sounds like you're having either wifi interference or perhaps a duplicate IP address issue, which is often exposed when there's a software update.

If the information in that link doesn't do the trick, try unplugging all of your Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices. This will cause them to get new (from the refreshed router) IP addresses. If this turns out to be the fix, I'd recommend looking at the owners manual for the router, and figuring out how to assign reserved IP addresses for all devices you have. If your router can get "confused" once, it's liable to do so again at some point.