Answered

Sonos Amp automatic switching

• 3 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi

I recently bought a Sonos Amp. I connected my turntable via line in and my tv via HDMI. For both I have automatic switching activated.

It works fine, except when I just watched TV. The Sonos Amp doesn’t seem to detect when I turn off my TV. When I try to to listen to my turntable short after, it doesn’t automatically switch: I have to switch it manually via the app, where I get the warning the TV audio will stop. Is this normal? I read somewhere TV audio always gets the priority, but it should detect when the TV is shut down and the audio stopped, no?

I have a LG CX tv, if that’s useful to know.

Thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by ratty 5 April 2021, 11:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @beentje, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

I suspect that there is a minimum time period which has to go by with no signal being received, before Autoplay will kick in - have you noticed if the turntable will automatically kick in if you leave a little longer between stopping the TV, and starting the turntable?

I suspect that there is a minimum time period which has to go by with no signal being received, before Autoplay will kick in 

There is. From memory it’s after 10 mins of no TV signal that the TV input will autostop.

I watched it, and it does seem to autostop after a short time period. Thanks!