Answered

Sonos alarms - not turning off

• 30 December 2016
  • 87 replies

Userlevel 2
I have tried to turn off my alarm that i have set for 5 pm daily. I press the stop button and it stops briefly the volume drops and the rises to the setting that was set. The only way to stop it is to uncheck it in alarms. When I recheck it, it comes back on again. Just started tonight. Any help?
icon

Best answer by Max P 30 December 2016, 09:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

87 replies

Have the same problem, starting today. Only for the one player that had an alarm set for today (internet radio). Stuck on that radio channel. Cannot play any other music, get 1002 error if I try.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Same boat here. Alarms would not stop, could not ungroup other speakers until I disabled the offending alarm.
Badge
This is happening to us too!

We have set up multiple alarms so that music comes on with a different playlist every day, automatically at 5pm.
Another room is supposed to queue up a playlist and is set with a 15 minute alarm, daily.

Now when I hit pause in the controller OR on the physical button, it just sets the alarm off again (music fades on the next track). It took me forever to realize that is was an alarm issue.

I just updated to version 7.0. I wonder if that is related.
I have tried to turn off my alarm that i have set for 5 pm daily. I press the stop button and it stops briefly the volume drops and the rises to the setting that was set. The only way to stop it is to uncheck it in alarms. When I recheck it, it comes back on again. Just started tonight. Any help?
Having the same problem since version 7 install,been using alarm whit out any problem since this morning.
Noticed this morning that my time/date, which is set to auto (or internet) is January 1 2017 so it looks like a leap year issue as it's now 1 day off. Okay Sonos...... you can fix this now!! 🙂
Badge
I have had Sonos for many years & have our house full of their stuff, this is the first annoying issue I have had with Sonos so isn`t bad going, keep up the good work Sonos & hope you get the issue sorted as quickly as you usually do, its good to see you had the problem identified so quickly.
Badge
Just motice today that the date is set to jan 1 2017, today its dec 31 2016. But I must say sonos as been good to resolve problem and it will b resolve soon. Good work anyway sonos and still love the product. Been a fan from day 1 and still a fan.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Has this fixed itself? Was it a New Year's Bug? Russian hack? I disabled my alarms over the weekend. Today I re-enabled them and they no longer seem to be firing repeatedly. Date and time are correct as well. Will keep an eye on it.
Badge
Have I missed a fix for this problem? I changed the date so that hid the problem but that isn't a fix. If Sonos know that it cannot happen again - ie it was something specific to that date , then just say so. Don't leave us all not knowing.
Have I missed a fix for this problem? I changed the date so that hid the problem but that isn't a fix. If Sonos know that it cannot happen again - ie it was something specific to that date , then just say so. Don't leave us all not knowing.
They already did.
https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/resolved-problems-with-sonos-alarms-for-123116-updates-inside-6763419
Badge
I am pleased to hear this but i think it is a shame that this announcement wasn't referenced here too. Or was it, and I missed it - in which case why were there still messages relating to this only a couple of days ago. Anyway matter closed.
Userlevel 2
Read the first post.
Badge
TonyS - Thank you , I had missed that edit.