Answered

Sonos account password doesn't work on iPhone

• 17 July 2019
  • 4 replies

My system is working fine, and I can control it from my Mac, iPad or iPhone. But on my iPhone, there is a banner saying "Sign in to use new features. Sign in". When I try to sign in, my credentials are rejected "The email and password you entered did not match our records. Please try again". The email and password work fine on my Mac and iPad, and on the Sonos site.

It's not a big deal, because everything works, and I can change settings using other devices. But is there some secret way to get an iPhone to accept my credentials?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 17 July 2019, 03:33

Your system is probably registered to a different email. Luckily, you can transfer the account your Sonos system is registered and linked to.

Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android: Open the Sonos app. From the More tab, tap Settings > Account Settings > Transfer Sonos to a new account
View original

4 replies

Your system is probably registered to a different email. Luckily, you can transfer the account your Sonos system is registered and linked to.

Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android: Open the Sonos app. From the More tab, tap Settings > Account Settings > Transfer Sonos to a new account
Userlevel 7
Hi jmaunsell

On your iPhone go to:

Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Website & App Passwords > Scroll down to Sonos >
  1. Here you may see Sonos several times.
  2. Pick the one that looks the most familiar and select it.
  3. You'll see User Name and Password used.
  4. Try logging in with those credentials
Let us know if this resolves your issue. Cheers!
Thank you, jgatie. You were correct. The system had gotten registered to my son's account. Unfortunately, Sonos only displays the first and last characters of the login, and my son's are identical to mine. I'm not sure why Sonos needs to be so cagey about the account name.
There should be an option there that says "I don't have access to this account" - use that and follow the prompts. Sonos will ask you to push buttons on one of your speakers to "validate" that you "own" the system. Then you're all set! (Same thing happened to me, just did it...worked!)