Question

SONOS 6.4.8 Uodate Broke My System

• 22 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge
I have a SONOS system on board my boat. I don't have internet access with the ship's Intranet. Therefore, I cannot update the system when you update my controller, on my iPad. Bringing all components ashore to update them, successfully, bringing them back aboard the controller cannot find the components. Resetting the controller does not change the problem.

What am I doing wrong? Can I download a standalone update that doesn't require the Internet to run? Disappointed -- again.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
You need to shut off automatic app updates in the Settings (gear icon) on your ipad, iphone, etc That's why you're getting updated without your permission.
Badge
The issue is even when all components were brought ashore to apply the latest update, they don't work now that they're back aboard. Update applied and verified ashore. The handcuffs related to updating all SONOS products only if all of them company's can see the Internet is a PITA. A standalone download that can update all components not connected to the Internet would be greatly appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Jeff_46. Can you please explain what you mean by the fact that they do not work now they are back on board? Do you mean that they are still prompting for an update, or they will not connect at all? If possible, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number.