Answered

Sonos 5 Flashing Red Indicator

• 31 December 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
Hello,

I have a relatively new Play:5, 1 to 3 years old, that has an indicator that is flashing red. It used to work but no longer works. I have been unable to connect it to my system after unplugging it for periods of time. I'm concerned that the network card or another component is faulty, and am looking for a way to fix this or to confirm that there is a hardware failure.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by GAS208 1 January 2019, 20:19

Hi All,

I was able to get through to customer support. We tried a number of things including: wiring the speaker to my router, resetting the router, wiring the speaker to my connect: amp and then to the router. None of these things worked so the agent determined that the unit is defective.

Thanks for your help and good luck citydan!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, GAS208. Typically a flashing red LED means that the player has been reset and not set back up. When you unplug the player and plug it back it does it flash green?
I have the same problem. Play 5 Gen2 keeps disappearing from a stereo pair and acting like it's not connected. Repeated tries to reset and re-add fail. Sometimes it connects for a little while, sometimes it says it can't connect at all and setup fails.
Badge
@Keith N - Thanks for responding. It flashes white for about 30 seconds, then goes to flashing green. At green, I go to add it, am prompted to push the button and wait for the chime. After the chime sounds, it flashes yellow/ amber before going solid yellow/amber. After a bit, the app says "Your Sonos product was not found..."
I get the same. I've tried rebooting my router, I've changed the Sonos net channel too. No dice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@Keith N - Thanks for responding. It flashes white for about 30 seconds, then goes to flashing green. At green, I go to add it, am prompted to push the button and wait for the chime. After the chime sounds, it flashes yellow/ amber before going solid yellow/amber. After a bit, the app says "Your Sonos product was not found..."

From what you are describing, everything sounds normal (in terms of the LED's) up till the point where it can't be found. Have you tried wiring this player to the network with the included Ethernet cable? This will create a physical connection to the network and then we'd be able to have a look at the player itself with the help of a diagnostic report. If the player comes up, be sure to reply here with the confirmation number it gives after submitting the diagnostic.

Thanks!
Badge
Hi All,

I was able to get through to customer support. We tried a number of things including: wiring the speaker to my router, resetting the router, wiring the speaker to my connect: amp and then to the router. None of these things worked so the agent determined that the unit is defective.

Thanks for your help and good luck citydan!