Sonos 2 App wont completely turn off

• 17 March 2021
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Sonos 2 App, music turns off when I click on play icon, but system doesn't allow to completely turn off and HH speakers in ceiling continue to hiss once music is turned off. Need to figure out how to shut down the app completely and hopefully that remedies th problem with the speakers hissing.  Thank you. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

What type of Sonos amplifier is powering the speakers? In general I would expect the issue to be with the amplifier rather than the app.

Episode ea-amp-12d-70a 

when I used sonic 1 app, it allowed me 2 steps to shut off system. The speakers never hissed.  Turned off music and then shut off app. Can’t find second step in Sonia 2 app.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

What Sonos device are you using as an input to the Episode amp?

It’s important to understand that the S1 and S2 apps are just remote controls for Sonos devices.

If you shut down the app, it’s roughly equivalent to taking the batteries out of an IR remote control - doing that won’t affect the status of any of the Sonos devices that it controls.

SONOS CONNECT S15 100-240V-100mA 50/60 Hz 5W 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

What is the Power Mode switch on the back of the Episode set to?

One problem you have is that the Connect does not have a 12V trigger output (the later Port does), but you can set the Power Mode switch to “Audio” if you can accept an 18 minute delay before it switches itself off?

A 12V trigger solution should solve the issue, but not with the Connect, sadly.