Answered

Sonos:1 stuck on white light, wont factory reset, not recognized by sonos app

• 29 April 2018
  • 6 replies

I have 6 sonos:1 and a sonos:3. Suddenly one of the sonos:1's is no longer on my list as a speaker on desktop app or phone. Has a solid white light. When I unplug and wait 30 mins and plug back in, still solid white light. I tried the factory reset by holding the "play/pause" button while plugging in the speaker, but still just have a solid white light. What is the solution? Why wont it factory reset?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 3 May 2018, 01:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, ryanrwatson100. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If the device will not factory reset it sounds like it would likely need to be replaced. In this case, I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to walk through any final steps of troubleshooting and replace the unit if needed. Thanks!
Aw dang I have the same problem 😞 ordered two and one works just fine but the other has this exact problem!
Aw dang I have the same problem 😞 ordered two and one works just fine but the other has this exact problem!
Are they Play:1’s, or Sonos Ones? Did you try the factory reset procedure shown here: FACTORY RESET
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Aw dang I have the same problem 😞 ordered two and one works just fine but the other has this exact problem!Are they Play:1’s, or Sonos Ones? Did you try the factory reset procedure shown here: FACTORY RESET

That's a good suggestion for that unit. @kpq301 has another thread I replied to, so let's continue there if you have any other questions.
This unit wouldn’t factory reset, when I try to, it flashes white and orange then come back to flashing white again
Ah I see the other thread now. So kpq301 it’s really best for you to follow @Ryan S' advice. Hope you get your issue resolved soon.