Answered

Sonos 1’s keep disconnecting

• 28 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello

I’ve recently upgraded my Playbar to a Arc. I have 2 Play 1’s as surround speakers and the system has been faultless until I swapped them over. 

When I turn my tv on I have to disconnect my surrounds and reconnect them again for them to work. 

The only things I’ve changed is the Playbar to Arc and I’ve turned the Arc’s wireless on due to a Ethernet cable breaking and I don’t have a spare.  I have just ordered a few Cat 6 cables due to arrive the weekend but this shouldn’t be happening should It? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 May 2022, 19:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Try removing the Play:1s as surrounds and unplug the Arc and Play:1s from power for a couple of minutes. Reboot your router, then plug everything back in. When the Arc and Play:1s have reconnected to the network, add the Play:1s as surrounds again and test.

FYI… always keep WiFi enabled on all of your Sonos devices regardless of whether or not they are wired with an ethernet cable.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Try removing the Play:1s as surrounds and unplug the Arc and Play:1s from power for a couple of minutes. Reboot your router, then plug everything back in. When the Arc and Play:1s have reconnected to the network, add the Play:1s as surrounds again and test.

FYI… always keep WiFi enabled on all of your Sonos devices regardless of whether or not they are wired with an ethernet cable.

I thought i’d give it a few days to see if your fix worked and it did until today when just the one dropped out.  Possibly a different issue but it seems very unstable since upgrading.

Note the “answer” in this thread…

Essentially, Sonos has determined there’s an issue in the current release of the software, and is looking to fix it shortly..