Answered

sonos 1 pair out of sync

my sonos 1 stereo pair goes out of sync about every 3 days. i am using Alexa for voice input. is there a priper way to fix this? besides me reinstalling it all the time?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 May 2022, 18:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

What does your network look like? Is there a mesh WiFi system? 

I wouldn’t factory reset it each time, if that’s what you mean by ‘reinstalling’. For all practical purposes, that just erases any error data that might help Sonos help you, and as you’ve found out, doesn’t solve the issue.

One thing I’d absolutely try is simply rebooting them, to see if forcing them to reload the OS might help. But at the end of the day, I’m only 50% confident in that as a potential, so The next time it happens, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Also, I don’t think voice control has any significant part in this. I suspect that there’s either a timing issue in the chips, or a transmission error in between the speakers that Carrie’s the timing information, possibly due to some sort of wifi interferenceEither of those would likely show up in the diagnostic that you ask Sonos to check.