Answered

Sonos 1 not working over wifi

I have about 6 Sonos Play 1 connected. 2 of them do not work over wifi. If I plug one of them on the network via cable, then they both connect and work and I can group them all together again. But once I unplug again the cable, both speakers disconnect again. 

This is quite annoying! a while ago, I was able to configure each speaker to connect to wifi individually via the app, but the interface has now changed and you don’t have such option anymore. I can create a network and it is assumed that all the grouped devices will use that network. 

Can someone help resolve this issue?

Thanks

Troy 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 12 May 2021, 13:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

What kind of router is it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TroyN 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having this problem? It could be caused by the recent BT Smart Hub 2 issues:

It could also be caused by the use of a WiFi booster/extender (which is not supported), or simply the speakers being too far from your router.

If you have Sky Q and the speakers are nearer to it than to the router, this could also be causing a problem.