Question

Sonos 1 Losing Connection

• 30 June 2020
  • 1 reply

We have several play one speakers, a play 3, and 3 sonos 1 speakers. We have done setups on all of them, updated everything, etc. The newer Sonos 1 speakers will not maintain a connection over a length of time. If we restart our router, they will sometimes appear, but they’ll only stay connected briefly. They are not far away from the router. We have confirmed with our internet provider that our router is not set to block them from connecting. I submitted diagnosics this morning and would appreciate some help with this. We love our older Sonos speakers but are extremely frustrated that our new additions will not work reliably. Diagnosic number is 1752376730

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @sarahgray0317.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I would also like to thank you for going through the basic troubleshooting steps of restarting the router and as well as submitting a diagnostic.

I would like to share with you the details on what the diagnostic have provided.

• Based on the submitted diagnostic, your Sonos One (Parlor) has no cloud connection. I assume this is the Sonos device you are having problems with.
  • So far, the diagnostic also shows that the Sonos devices (Guest Bathroom) is experiencing wireless interference issue. This may cause audio drop out, audio skips, and or audio interruption. 

I would like to recommend with you this guide on how to reduce wireless interference

I would also like to ask if we can reboot your Sonos one (Parlor) by simply unplugging it from power and plugging it back into pwoer after 10-15 secs.

Other than the information provided, there is nothing showing on the diagnostic submitted.

Please let us know how it goes. Please do not hesitate to reach out if your still have any other concern/s and/or issue/s.

Thanks,