Question

Sonois 6.4

• 18 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
I have just updated to release 6.4 and have found that the folowing functions are now greyed out and cannot be selected:

Add a Player or Sub
Add a Boost or Bridge
Music Library Settings
Service Settings
Add a Radio Station
Update Music Library Now

Which means that Sonos has become pretty useless I can no longer add music, radio stations etc. Is this a permanent feature? Can I go back to the previous release?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Have just realised that Sonos no longer supports Vista - built in obsolescence is obviously very good for tech companies' cash flow.
Have just realised that Sonos no longer supports Vista - built in obsolescence is obviously very good for tech companies' cash flow.

So how does not supporting Vista help Sonos' cash flow? Sonos has no financial stake in whether you buy a new PC or not and Microsoft ended mainstream support for Vista 4 years ago. And if built-in obsolescence was Sonos' corporate policy, please explain why Sonos is still 100% compatible with the players it first made over a decade ago, and maintains limited compatibility with controllers it has not made in years? If anything, people are critical that Sonos' refusal to orphan old hardware hinders new features.
It's only the admin features which are missing for 'partially supported' platforms. You can still control playback.

Use a different controller for any admin operations.