Songs skipping

• 4 March 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I have been experiencing songs skipping constantly lately. I have tried changing channels and moved my bridge further away from the router but the problem still persists.
I have submitted a diagnostics report; 7159895

Thanks, Jon

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to look at my diagnostics report (7159895)? The problem is quite frustrating these days.
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to look at my diagnostics report (7159895)? The problem is quite frustrating these days.
Thanks.

Hi jecklund,

It looks like there are some DNS errors showing from time to time. Please try rebooting your router and each Sonos speaker then let me know if any playback issues continue.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thank you Jeff. I have rebooted everything and reviewed all my DNS settings but the problem persists. I am using OpenDNS as my DNS servers. Shall I submit another diagnostic to see if errors are still showing up?
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thank you Jeff. I have rebooted everything and reviewed all my DNS settings but the problem persists. I am using OpenDNS as my DNS servers. Shall I submit another diagnostic to see if errors are still showing up?
Thanks.

Please send in a new diagnostic report and I'll take a look.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thank you Jeff - New diagnostics submitted. Number is 7195238. Seems to only happen when playing from Google music as opposed to my local library. I keep getting "..connection to Google Play Music was lost". I am guessing we will still see DNS issues? Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I have tried changing my dns servers to my ISP and also tried using Googles public dns servers and not much has changed. Still losing connection to Google play music.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have tried changing my dns servers to my ISP and also tried using Googles public dns servers and not much has changed. Still losing connection to Google play music.

I'd like to get you in touch with our phone team for further troubleshooting. Please give us a call and reference case number: 170320-003954. You can find our phone number here.