Songs skip

• 5 March 2018
  • 3 replies

My Sonos setup continually skips songs. They are on the device I'm playing the music from but randomly, midway through the song, it skips to the next song in the queue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, msalunke. Welcome to the community. We can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause for you. Many thanks in advance.
I’ve been dealing with songs stopping, skipping etc.. from my music library or on my phone for two years. I recently started calling tech support again (got tired of no viable fixes in the past so I gave up calling).
Tech support gave the following instructions in an attempt to correct:
Close all background apps if using iPhone, iPad or other remote controller.
Next, turn off AirPlay if an Apple TV unit is connected to a TV. AirPlay was requested to be off even if it was not in use.
The last instruction was to play music on each speaker individually to see if music cut off/skipped while speaker was in use.
Finally, when an issue happens send a diagnostic and keep the confirmation number that is generated.
If I were interested in buying a home music system today I would pass on Sonos and look into other options.
At the time of purchase there was no mention of operating systems causing the issues I’ve experienced. Since owning this system and I own two Play 1, a Play 3 (which for some reason is discontinued) a Play 5 and a ConnectAmp., I’ve never played music without these issues.
Tech support seems to run through their series of solutions, but at the end of the call they say there is no guarantee the issues will not happen again - and the issues happen again and again..
I’d love to get my money back, approx. $1500. and buy something else..
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I’ve been dealing with songs stopping, skipping etc.. from my music library or on my phone for two years. I recently started calling tech support again (got tired of no viable fixes in the past so I gave up calling).
Tech support gave the following instructions in an attempt to correct:
Close all background apps if using iPhone, iPad or other remote controller.
Next, turn off AirPlay if an Apple TV unit is connected to a TV. AirPlay was requested to be off even if it was not in use.
The last instruction was to play music on each speaker individually to see if music cut off/skipped while speaker was in use.
Finally, when an issue happens send a diagnostic and keep the confirmation number that is generated.
If I were interested in buying a home music system today I would pass on Sonos and look into other options.
At the time of purchase there was no mention of operating systems causing the issues I’ve experienced. Since owning this system and I own two Play 1, a Play 3 (which for some reason is discontinued) a Play 5 and a ConnectAmp., I’ve never played music without these issues.
Tech support seems to run through their series of solutions, but at the end of the call they say there is no guarantee the issues will not happen again - and the issues happen again and again..
I’d love to get my money back, approx. $1500. and buy something else..

Hi there,

If you're having trouble playing audio from the storage on your iOS devices, you're likely running into an issue we're investigating where non-Sonos AirPlay devices on your network cause interruptions in streaming from iOS devices. Try playing audio from other sources, do you get interruptions this way as well? If so, check out this guide for troubleshooting tips.

If your playback only skips while playing from your iOS device's storage, there are a few things you can do to get streaming working again. First, you can disable AirPlay on and non-Sonos devices on your network. You can also disable auto lock on your iOS devices in their settings menu under display and brightness. The best option is to sync your iOS device's library with iTunes on a computer, then set up a music share. This way your Sonos system can play the streaming music even when your iOS devices go to sleep, there are non-Sonos AirPlay devices on your network, and when your iOS device isn't even connected to your network.

You can follow this thread for updates on our investigation into this issue.