SONGS NOT PLAYING TO THE END

• 11 March 2014
  • 7 replies

I recently was playing songs from my iphone, and all the songs in the queue were not playing till the end??

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
After a week the songs starting skipping again. So I have changed the router from channel 1 to 6. If this works, good. If not, I will try channel 11. I won't post a reply if it works.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi Hrdnox, sorry to hear about this issue.
When playing songs stored on your mobile device, that device's connection to the router is crucial; being too far away or interference near the device can cause this type of behavior. If you continue to have issues, I would try a different wireless channel, and then give us a call so we can help resolve it. www.sonos.com/contact
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Problem solved! I followed the suggestion from Ryan, above. I changed my wireless settings of my router to channel "1". Sonos recommends that you set your router to channels 1, 6, or 11. When I was in the router settings I noticed there were a 2.4GHZ and a 5GHZ network to set channels. The 2.4GHZ network had channels 1-11, and the 5GHZ had channels 36-165. Afterwards I connected my tablet and phone to the 2.4GHZ Wi-Fi network (they were previously set to the 5GHZ network)...and voila!...songs play to the end.
If you have Verizon Fios service type 192.168.1.1 into your browser to get to the router settings. The username is admin, and the admin. password is located on the router. After you log in go to "Wireless Settings" and then "Basic Security".
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Yes, the music being played is downloaded on the tablet and phone. I will check my wireless connection and ensure that the router is set on channel 1, 6, or 11.
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
It will only be a problem with the controller if the controller is sending a skip track command. It is far more likely that the source is the issue. Are you saying that the music being played is on the tablet or on the phone? If so then I'd wager that the wifi connection is being lost somewhere for some reason. Sonos will automatically try to play the next song in the queue if it can't play the current track for any reason.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I am playing songs on my Fire HD Tablet and often they do not play to the end. It is not the tablet because the issue also exists when I play songs from my android phone. It appears that this is a problem with the Sonos Controller.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hello John,

If you're having trouble playing tracks from your phone, can you please follow the suggestions on this thread. The bottom of that thread has directions for submitting a diagnostic. Please reply back here with that confirmation number if you are.

Thanks.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings