Songs in playlist 'expire' from Deezer?

• 21 July 2021
  • 1 reply

this has been a problem I’ve had for quite a few years. from time to time songs on my playlist will no longer play. whenever they come up in the playlist, they get skipped. If I reorder the playlist to try to force the track to play, it will get skipped again. And again…. and again. This is not a case of jumping to the next track part way through. the entire track is just… not there. error message states:

“unable to play <track name>. the connection to Deezer was lost”

which is a fairly common error when there are network problems and tracks skip part way through, but the rest of the list will play fine. I can search for the exact same track on Deezer and re-add it to the play list, and it will play fine.

I wouldn’t mind so much if I could occasionally skip through the play list to verify each track is working correctly except that for some reason there is a limit on how many tracks can be skipped per hour and I get locked out for 24 hours if I exceed that.

any help greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are these Sonos Playlists, or Deezer Playlists?

If the former, I suggest downloading my Sonos app (see profile), exporting your playlist to SoundIIZ format then import that back into Deezer directly via the soundiiz web site.

Full details at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzuGaAG10zc&t=64s