Songs from library load to queue out of sequence. Any ideas?

• 6 March 2017
  • 2 replies

My system consists of a Play 3 and an older ZonePlay 5, with a standard Wifi setup. The iTunes-based music library resides on network attached storage, hardwired through a switch to the router. The system has performed flawlessly for years, up until a few days ago, when I noticed that if I pull over an album to the queue, the songs are loaded out of sequence. Additionally, if I try to place another album at the end of the queue, the songs from the second album are intermingled with the songs from the first album.

I have indexed the library repeatedly, with no change. If I look at the actual file folders in the library, the songs appear to be in the proper order (99% of this library is ripped CDs). This problem appeared out of nowhere, with no hardware changes of any sort; the only thing that has happened is I have added a few new CDs to the library, but the system sees all of the music and albums, it is just scrambling up the song orders.

Any thoughts??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Is shuffle turned on?
Ignore the above post; I found the little shuffle Icon was activated. Duh!