Answered

Songs cutting off

• 16 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Songs are cutting off consistently. This has become very annoying to use. Seems like Sonos is becoming an expensive piece of furniture living in my room now. Can someone please help? Here is a diagnostic report 1411209521.

Regards

Santosh

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 April 2021, 16:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dhrona 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Like many, it seems you are victim to your router currently just not doing it’s job properly. Please switch your router off for at least 30 seconds. For good measure, please turn your Sonos speaker off too (unplug, if your wall sockets don’t have switches). Switch your router back on and wait a few minutes for WiFi to return, then switch on your speaker too. Wait for the solid white light, then test playback.

It’s handy to remember that any router that can work flawlessly and continuously for years-on-end is a very expensive device indeed. I recommend everyone to reboot their router at least 4 times a year, whether they experience issues or not.

Although I see little sign of WiFi interference, there could be some near the router that I wouldn’t see. Please check our reducing wireless interference page for help in identifying possible sources of interference and separate them from the router by 1m. Likely sources are cordless telephone bases, baby monitors, microwave ovens and WiFi-enabled printers.

If these steps don’t help, please test multiple music sources, if possible, and let us know what you find.

Hi Corry,

Thanks a lot for getting back. I moved the location of Sonos and also connected it via ethernet but still saw skipping of song just now. Can you please check the diagnostics and let me know what’s going on?

Regards

Santosh

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dhrona 

That really shouldn’t happen with ethernet connected. Can you please test with some music services other than YouTube Music? Do you get similar results?

Could you please perform a broadband speed test (just Google it) and let me know your results? Thanks.