Answered

Songs cut out about 1/2 way?

• 26 October 2018
  • 2 replies

Songs on my phone and computer used to play with no issues and now for about the last year songs play anywhere from all the way through to only about 20 seconds of a song and then it just sort of freezes up or auto switches to a different song. Music streaming services such as Pandora seem to operate fine, it's only when I'm trying to play songs from my iTunes library. I have waaaaay too much invested in this product for this not to work... Thoughts?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 October 2018, 17:35

The confusing part is that Pandora works....oh, wait. Are you playing songs from your iTunes library on an iPhone or iPad, perchance? There's a known issue around that. I believe Sonos has been waiting on a fix from Apple, but in the meantime, you could 1) turn off all AirPlay 2 devices in your home (Apple TVs are what I turned off, I don't AirPlay to them), and/or turn off your "lock screen" functionality, which causes the iPhone to stop sending data to the Sonos.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The confusing part is that Pandora works....oh, wait. Are you playing songs from your iTunes library on an iPhone or iPad, perchance? There's a known issue around that. I believe Sonos has been waiting on a fix from Apple, but in the meantime, you could 1) turn off all AirPlay 2 devices in your home (Apple TVs are what I turned off, I don't AirPlay to them), and/or turn off your "lock screen" functionality, which causes the iPhone to stop sending data to the Sonos.
Thanks Bruce that seems to work!