Answered

Songs Connect box is unresponsive: All 4 Ethernet lights blink non-stop as soon as the power supply is connected!

• 21 January 2019
  • 2 replies

I have enjoyed my Sonos Connect box for more than 6 years. No issues in the past, until a few days ago. Without any obvious cause, the Sonos Connect became unresponsive and all attempts to recover it have failed. I have tried restarting the controllers/apps, switching ports on the router, restart of the router/internet, power cycling, etc. Attempts to use various button combinations on the front of the box to reset to factory settings have also failed. The only thing that the box does now is to blink constantly from the 4 ethernet port lights on the back as soon as the power supply is connected.

What does the non-stop blinking of the 4 Ethernet port lights mean? It does this with and without ethernet cables plugged in.
Is there any hope to recover the Connect box, or is this thing fried?
Does it have to do with a recent firmware/software upgrade performed in the background?

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 January 2019, 21:05

LED states FAQ

Not sure if it's fried or not, but I'd recommend that you contact Sonos to discuss it.

It's unlikely that it has anything to do with an update.
View original

2 replies

LED states FAQ

Not sure if it's fried or not, but I'd recommend that you contact Sonos to discuss it.

It's unlikely that it has anything to do with an update.
Did you figure out the issue? My Connect box just started doing the exact same thing after I disconnected the power and then plugged it back in. It's also about 6 years old. I have 3 Connect boxes but only one just started doing this, other 2 are fine.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings