Sonas Roam Connection

• 30 January 2022
  • 3 replies

The Roam cuts in and out for no reason.  Pause a tune or select another in iTunes, and the Roam cuts out, and the indicator flashes white and orange.  I have factory reset four times, and it has had no impact.  I have the same issue with BlueTooth.  I wish I had not purchased this—too much hassle.  Sounds great when it plays, but it’s a challenge to get this temperamental bit of kit to work.  Please advise how to address this or how to return it.  

My first Sonos product ever, and I wanted to upgrade my whole sound system. I do not have confidence that you are the solution for me.   Worst experience ever.

Anyone know how to fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Unfortunately, there’s not enough information in your post to even hazard a guess as to the situation you are experiencing. There’s always the standards, which are good to double check, such as wifi interference ,  or a suggestion to factory reset the device, on the offhand chance there’s a software issue on it, but my recommendation would be to to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network. And if you find the need to return the device, if you purchased it directly from Sonos, they would be the ones who could help you with that, as well. If you purchased it from another retailer, you’d need to deal with that company, and not Sonos. 

I have carreid out a numbere of factory resets.  No luck.  What inforamtion would you or Sonos need?

Not being a Sonos employee, I can’t read the diagnostic information, but I’d recommend clicking on that link in the original post, which should give you information on how to submit it, and then use the next link to reach the page on how to contact them. Or, click on ‘Contact Us’ at the bottom of the forum.