Some tracks missing and some listed wrong.

• 22 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi,

I’ve encountered a strange problem since I switched to the S2 controller.

I have a folder with audio books for my kids. All the books have meta data with track number, artist, album artist, album, genre and year. In the old S1 controller everything was fine and dandy.

Now 3 of the books are causing problems:

• 1 book doesn’t show the entire album name, just a small part of it.
  • 2 books doens’t show all tracks and some of them are mixed up. In the S2 controller they are even listed as track 1 a couple of times, track 2 a couple of times etc. It’s only with these two books I’ve encountered this problem.

I’ve checked the meta data with a couple of different apps and programs and they all check out correctly.

Again, in the old S1 controller everything worked perfectly. 

Anybody with an idea on what’s wrong?

Thanks,
Anders

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @andefeldt

Thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and letting us know about your concern. Let me share with you some information. There shouldn't be any difference between S1 and S2 with your existing services. The S1 system is for Sonos' old products and the S2 system is for Sonos' new products. 

To help you out with this, I'd like to ask a few questions.

• Are you using an iOS or Android device?
  • Have you tried re-authorizing the audiobook service in the Sonos app?
  • Using another mobile device, do you see the entire album and all the tracks?
  • Have you tried removing and re-adding the audiobook service in the Sonos app?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. If you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Rowena B. 

Here’s my quick answers:

• The controller is on iOS and on MacOS (Tried both High Sierra, Mojave and now Catalina).
  • It’s not through the audiobook service. My audiobooks are located in my local music library on my NAS. Nothing has changed except the switch from the S1 to the S2 controller.
  • No matter if I use either of our iOS devices (iPhones or iPads) or our MacOS devices (4 different computer), I see the exact same result. No one shows the entire book (album) or tracks for the books mentioned in the original post.
  • I tried removing the folders with the 3 books causing problems from my NAS, updating the music library (which makes them disappear from my Sonos library), adding the folders back to the NAS, updating the music library (which makes the books appear again in my Sonos library). This didn’t help. I also tried adding+updating one folder at a time - same result.

I’ve also tried checking the files using other media/music players on my Mac. Adding the folders to a music player on one of my computers doesn’t give me any of the problems. Here the books are shown correctly. And as stated before, the problem wasn’t there in S1.

Anders

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @andefeldt,

Thanks for your response and updating us. To use a NAS drive with Sonos, the NAS must support the SMB(v1)/CIFS file-sharing protocol. The SMB protocol is a network file sharing protocol that allows applications on a computer to read and write files and to request services from server programs in a computer network. Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps to help you out.

• Remove and re-add your music library
  • Re-create the SMB(v1)/CIFS file sharing permissions on the folder on your computer
  • Check firewall configuration that would work with Sonos
  • Check the firewall configuration settings of Antivirus software to ensure that it's not blocking Sonos.

If you're still experiencing the issue, I recommend contacting our support team with your full network setup including the make and model of each device, and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. If you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.