Answered

Some speakers stop playing despite dedicated network, fixed ip, and high internet speed

• 5 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi, i have 6 play5 in a bar and they stop playjng sometimes (with local or internet music). I have a dedicted network and pro ap's for sonos with static ip and dedicated internet conection. Could you help pls? Diagnostic number :
Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 5 September 2018, 20:21

Hi, i have 6 play5 in a bar and they stop playjng sometimes (with local or internet music). I have a dedicted network and pro ap's for sonos with static ip and dedicated internet conection. Could you help pls? Diagnostic number :
Thanks!

Thanks for sending in the report. Your speakers are losing connection to your Ubiquiti system from time to time. This is likely because your Ubiquiti access points are running on different wireless channels. This can make it hard for Sonos speakers to stay connected and in communication. Please set your Ubiquiti access points to the same wireless channel and see if things improve.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
While waiting for a reply to your diagnostic you could take a look at your network matrix and see if it is showing anything interesting. Post a screenshot if you want suggestions from other users here.

http://any-sonos-speaker-ip-here:1400/support/review
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks!

Thanks for sending in the report. Your speakers are losing connection to your Ubiquiti system from time to time. This is likely because your Ubiquiti access points are running on different wireless channels. This can make it hard for Sonos speakers to stay connected and in communication. Please set your Ubiquiti access points to the same wireless channel and see if things improve.
Hi Jeff, so I put the APs on same channel and it got better but still it drops for 20 secs each hour or so. Now i installed a Booster and no problems so far.... i really do not get the difference between a Booster and a dedicated AP.

Thanks for your help.

James
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Booster? Do you mean a Sonos Boost?

If you connected Ethernet to the Boost you have moved your Sonos from Standard Mode to Boost Mode and are no longer using the Ubiquity WiFi. The FAQ (that you can't get to from these forums) has some good info on the Boost and Boost Mode and how it impacts your system.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/support