Question

Some speakers missing after router restart

• 5 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hi,

When my router restarts only 3 of my 6 speakers are found in my system. Can you tell me what I need to do be able to get all 6 back in te system without having to restart them?

I wonder if I have done something wrong on the initial setup.

units that appear automatically in app:

1 Amp

1 Play:5

1 One

Units that need restart after router restart

1 One

2 One SL

Hope you can tell me what i'm doing wrong.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @henrikorum,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for letting us know about your concern. Allow me to share some information with you.

Sonos can be configured in either a wireless or wired setup. In a wireless setup, your Sonos products connect to your home’s WiFi network, just like other wireless devices in your home (smartphones, tablets, computers, etc.). You can use a wireless setup if you have a strong WiFi connection that reaches all the rooms where you want Sonos. In a wired setup, at least one of your Sonos products will stay wired to the router with an Ethernet cable to create a dedicated wireless network specifically for your Sonos system. Additionally, your Sonos products will be able to pass the wireless signal to other Sonos products, which means it’s possible for Sonos to operate in a room that is beyond the reach of your WiFi. Use a wired setup if your home WiFi network is slow, unreliable, does not meet our system requirements, or does not reach all the rooms where you want Sonos.

Let me suggest the following guides and please do follow accordingly. Make sure that all your Sonos speakers are giving you solid white light and have one Sonos device wired to your router and run the wireless setup.

You can switch from a wired to a wireless configuration by connecting your Sonos products to your WiFi network.

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System > Network > Wireless Setup and follow the prompts to enter your WiFi password.
  3. Once the wireless setup is complete, disconnect the Ethernet cable from any Sonos products wired to your router.

If you're still experiencing the issue, I recommend contacting our phone support with your full network setup including the make and model of each device, and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.