Answered

Some portions of audio dropping out: Arc with PS4

Badge

I’m experiencing some strange behavior with audio coming out of my PS4 connected to my Sonos Arc via my LG C9’s eARC passthrough. The audio seems fine for a few minutes but then some of it (not all the audio) drops out. For example, when playing a game, the background ambient sounds are still heard but all dialogue and other sound effects cease to come through. When I change the HDMI audio setting on my TV from Bitstream to PCM, the full audio comes back. This has happened on multiple games. It seems like certain channels could be getting dropped. What could be causing this issue?

icon

Best answer by sevengroove 8 July 2020, 23:22

@Simon B Thanks for the response and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I ended up speaking with Sonos support on the phone and resolving the issue - my game console had its audio settings on PCM instead of Bitstream, which is why the sound kept dropping out. Simple solution 🙂.

View original

4 replies

Badge

I realized I posted this in the wrong category somehow - can a mod please move this to Troubleshooting? Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @sevengroove, thanks for reaching out. Regarding your concern about audio dropouts on the system.  I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. And this thread was already moved to troubleshooting thread.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

@Simon B Thanks for the response and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I ended up speaking with Sonos support on the phone and resolving the issue - my game console had its audio settings on PCM instead of Bitstream, which is why the sound kept dropping out. Simple solution :).

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @sevengroove, thanks for the update. I’m glad that it worked. 

If there's any other issue you're having, feel free to reach out.

You're always welcome here.