Spotify worked fine on all other devices in the same network.
We have not been able to play Spotify for a week through our Sonos-hardware..
This is how I solved our problem:
- I logged into our router and saw all 4 sonos devices in the mac-lease list.
- I examined our DHCP-server settings and saw that I had not set any DNS-server, in this scenario the DHCP-server set the router itself as a DNS-server.
- I changed the DNS-setting to 18.104.22.168 which is the Google DNS on the internet.
- I deleted all MAC-leases to my four SonosZP, in fact i deleted the whole list, forcing all devices to reconnect.
- After approx ca 30 seconds all units had connected againand received new MAC leases/ip-numbers. And most important they all got the new DNS-setting 22.214.171.124.
- Now finally the sonos could connect to spotify and play again.
Perhaps Sonos should add some sort of ping or name lookup service to all added services in the sonos app. If there is no Connection to one of the Music services the could present an error message like "The Music service "Sonos/10.43.212.182" is not answering. Please contact your 3rd party supplier.