Solid white light but can't connect unless on ethernet

• 20 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
Dear all,

I have a problem that many people seem to have had by the looks of it. I have a play5 that was working fine for months. Recently it stopped appearing in the app (I also have a play1 which works fine). When I connect the play5 to the router with an ethernet cable, it reconnects without problems, but as soon as I unplug it again and bring it back to the main room, the problem reappears. Some of the similar cases were caused by hardware problems, so I wonder whether the same is happening to me.

My diagnostics case number is 1693191322.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
could be a bad wireless card - sonos will be able to see that in the diagnostic. I would go ahead and call them on phone as you will have to anyhow to get a replacement.
I'm having the same problem with my Play 1 called "Floater 1" room. Sonos app only sees it when connected to Ethernet. Please look at diagnostic report 1630665862 and let me know what I should do.
Badge
I should have said that once the Sonos team looked into my diagnostics report, they sent me a replacement for my faulty play5. As indicated above, the problem was with the wireless card inside the speaker.
I just purchased a new Sonos One. I had some issues setting it up. It wouldn't stay on wifi enough to finish the setup so I had to connect via ethernet to complete the setup. After that, it worked on WiFi, but only for a little bit at a time.

I had to reboot it to get it to connect again, but I just submitted diagnostics report 1519278346