Answered

solid white light but can‘t connect

• 2 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi, I just came back from holiday and I suddenly cannot get my Sonos app to show me my devices. All devices are showing a solid white light and I have tried to restart my router, checked the wire, etc. Nothing helps. I even reset the app and now I am totally stucked.

Diagnostic number from my husband’s app is 1543667517

thanks for help. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 3 August 2021, 11:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If you can perhaps try a reset of the mobile Sonos App again (‘Settings/App Preferences’), ensure you are connected to the local router’s main WiFi network (and not a guest network).

On reopening the reset App, scroll past the ‘usual’ introductory screens and accept the user agreement, you should find you are presented with a screen that provides you with two options… to create a new system, or to join an existing system. Choose the option to join the existing system and follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope that works for you.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply. I did just this but the app can’t recognize any system. Some product must be defect since router and power are fine.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply. I did just this but the app can’t recognize any system. Some product must be defect since router and power are fine.

You mention you sent a diagnostic report from your Husbands App, so presumably his mobile is working okay - yes? If so, then that points to the issue being your mobile. So do you have any security software on that mobile - VPN, firewall etc. that might be interfering with the connection to the LAN?

Did you get to the screen where it invites you to join "an existing system" and if so what happened after that - what error message did you see?

What mobile/operating system is it you are using and also what is your Husband’s mobile device that is working with the setup?

Hi again,

we both have iPhone and are using the sonos 1 app.

when I try to find my system via searching for an existing system in the reset app, I get the message “existing system not found”.
Everything was working fine two weeks ago, this makes no sense. 

I will try one last thing: shut down the electricity in the house to disconnect all speakers at once. Let see if this can help. 

Okay. Can you clarify that your Husbands iPhone/Sonos app is able to see the Sonos system and play to it? If so, goto your iOS device settings and ‘perhaps’ try the following:

1. In the privacy settings ensure the Sonos App is authorised to have access to the Local network. (Toggle that off/on again)
  2. In the WiFi connection itself.. click on it to select its properties and switch off ‘Private Address’ and when prompted choose to rejoin the network. 

Then try again in the App to connect to the ‘existing system’ (you may have to reset the App in ‘Settings/App Preferences’ to see that screen).

Also, just as another thought (for clarification). is it at all possible that you are using S1 App (black icon) and your Husband is using S2 App (gold icon), or vice versa?