Solid white light but can't connect

• 13 January 2018
  • 24 replies

Hello

Wondered if anyone can help. I've had my play 5 for about 8 months and it's worked fine. All of a sudden it disappeared from the rooms in the app and I can't connect it back. I can get it working by plugging in an ethernet cable but can't get it to connect wirelessly. My other Sonos speakers are still connected. I've tried resetting it, connecting it again as a new room but I just get the solid white light all the time. Any ideas?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

24 replies

Having exact same problem - anyone figure it out yet?
Same problem on playbase. One day after upgrading firmware
I have the same issue with my playbar. It does not show up on any network. Cannot figure out why.
I have the same problem with my play 5. However if I hard wire it to my boost it shows up.
Userlevel 7
To everyone experiencing this similar problem. It's probably a network issue. However, as a group solution start for all I suggest you submit a Diagnostic to Sonos and post the Reference ID in this forum. Or you might start you own question and do the same (i.e. submit a diagnostic).
I have submitted a diagnosis report and the confirmation number is #8506403
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, jramsell. Thanks for posting and for the diagnostic report! Based on my findings, it seems we may need to replace the "Master Bedroom" unit due to a hardware failure. Please send me a PM with the following information, and I will be happy to get you sorted.

First & Last Name
Shipping Address
Contact Number

Thanks!
Same problem with my Sonos Player, sent the diagnostic report number 161339290.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Tatiana Ivanova. Thanks for posting and sharing your diagnostic report number. I can see there is a PLAY:5 in the Living Room. Is this the device that is having a problem? Is there any other unit that is not appearing on the Sonos Controller? If so, please plug this unit into the router using an Ethernet cable and submit another diagnostic report.

Thanks!
Hi Keith, the deviice I’m having problem with is Dining Room, not Living Room. I’ve plugged this in using Ethernet cable and it works fine like this, but I really need the Dining Room unit to work without Ethernet.. here is the new diagnostic report: 301516914
Thanks for your help,
Tatiana
Keith, actually I have just tried to use the unit without Ethernet cable but close to the router and it worked ok. But when I put the unit to it’s usual place, which is quite far from the unit, then it doesn’t work any more.. any ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Tatiana Ivanova. Thanks for posting your diagnostic report. From what I am seeing in the report, it would be best to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to replace the unit if deemed necessary. Thanks for your patience so far.
Badge
my connect amp is exhibiting the same symptoms all of a sudden. diagnostic report 1844062213
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
I’m having this issue with my play5 gen2 pair. Only one of them works.
Diagnostic report is #759158083.

Getting pretty tired with these problems. Love the speakers when they work and was about to add the sub.
But now I’m starting to look at other alternatives.
I’m really sorry cause this has been an excellent system when it functions correctly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Does it work if you plug in an Ethernet cable? If so probably a dead WiFi card, call Sonos to confirm and get a replacement started.
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Cool thanks for this. As soon as I swapped the speakers around an update was instigated, when that was done I had to add the previously useless speaker again and finished up by creating a stereo pair.

Everything seems to be working now. Except for the fact that the speaker that didn’t work still doesn’t unless hardwired to a router.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Cool thanks for this. As soon as I swapped the speakers around an update was instigated, when that was done I had to add the previously useless speaker again and finished up by creating a stereo pair.

Everything seems to be working now. Except for the fact that the speaker that didn’t work still doesn’t unless hardwired to a router.

Hi Geiri,

Your last diagnostic report came through with some formatting errors making it hard to read. Can you send a new report in while your speaker is wired in and showing up in the app? Reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look for you.
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Here you go sir #1638657659.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Here you go sir #1638657659.

Thanks for the new diagnostic report, this one came through just fine. I see that your family room (r) PLAY:5 may be having an issue with its wireless card. Please reach out to our phone team who can take over from here. You can find our phone number and hours here.
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Thanks a bunch 😃
Badge
Any luck looking at my diagnostic?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
my connect amp is exhibiting the same symptoms all of a sudden. diagnostic report 1844062213

Hi nsvencer,

Your CONNECT:AMP's wireless signal looks to be completely jammed. The CONNECT:AMP is trying to communicate with your other speakers but can't do so. Your other Sonos units are connecting through your home wireless network. Is the CONNECT:AMP close to any third party electronics? Devices such as cordless phones, wireless cameras, wireless baby monitors and the like can cause interference. Try moving any similar devices away from your CONNECT:AMP and see if that helps.

You might try going through the wireless setup again and see if the CONNECT:AMP will connect through your wireless network.
Hi there! I've been having the same problem with my PLAY:1 (Change Rooms) - Diagnostic Report 1335498517. The Main Room is working fine, but other one keeps disconnecting. It will work for a few minutes when I change power outlets, then disconnects again. Many Thanks, M32
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there! I've been having the same problem with my PLAY:1 (Change Rooms) - Diagnostic Report 1335498517. The Main Room is working fine, but other one keeps disconnecting. It will work for a few minutes when I change power outlets, then disconnects again. Many Thanks, M32

Thanks for sending in the report. It looks like your speaker is still communicating with your other speaker wirelessly but it no longer has a valid network address. This may have happened because the speaker is having a hard time staying in communication with your network. There are a couple other wireless signals in range running on the same channel as your own. It would likely help to change the wireless channel your router is using to 11, which is a much less crowded channel.