Question

software problem or user error

• 8 December 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge
sonos - manage - drop down options all in grey and not working. I am using OSX 10.8.5. Sonos 7.
I am trying to connect to itunes 12.3.2 but cant get past this point.
I have checked file sharing and followed all sonos help to no avail.
Help please.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

OSX 10.8 is only partially supported so what you describe is as expected.https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/127/~/sonos-system-requirements
Badge
Thanks John, so where to from here?
Is it possible to find an older software controller for my gen 1 sonos with this ol mac?
Badge
Can I connect itunes via apple tv?
No, iTunes on the Apple TV won't help.

If I were you, I would be looking at a cheap Android device to use a controller. I think there's an Amazon kindle type device (anyone want to jump in on this?) that's around $50 that would run the software for Sonos and be current. You could keep all your music on your Mac (and use the app to play it), and just use this other device for management purposes.
Whoa! Sonos doesn't connect to iTunes anyway. What is it exactly that you want to do? Do you want to set up your Sonos music library to use the music in your iTunes folder?

And is the Mac capable of running OSX 10.9? If so you just need to upgrade.
Further to @Airgetlam's comments, you can still use the Mac controller too for running the system, you just can't do some setup actions with it.
Badge
just spoke to my it guy. Yes its a software problem and I will need to upgrade to 10.9 or above.
Thanks everyone.