Answered

So many problems with the Roam!

Show first post

84 replies

Badge +1

Hi @hanajohnson878,

I can assure you that the issues you mentioned are not common, nor should they be expected. I’ve asked that your open case with our support team get escalated to a senior agent. You should receive a response from them in the next day or so.

As you can see from the thread, and personal experience, these issues ARE common. And continue to be. 

Userlevel 1

Sonos claims it will work independently as a Bluetooth device or with your other Sonos speakers as part of your system.  This product does neither properly.  That is a product issue, not a setup issue.  My iPhone could not even connect with it as a simple Bluetooth speaker.  Lemons happen, this is one.  The Product Manager responsible for the Roam didn’t do his/her job, simple as that.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

“I can assure you that the issues you mentioned are not common”(??)

I have to say I chuckled when reading this from support. I’m over 3 hours in on support for my Roam, and still not fixed. Connectivity problems, airplay issues, bluetooth issues, delay (25 sec) in playing after pushing play and 5 sec delay when pushing pause. Very poor and confusing UI (one button and one LED), rapid battery drain when unit powered off, and more. Can’t believe the Move was designed by the same co., as it’s as near perfect as one can get these days (sound, UI and connectivity).

I’ve settled for use with my phone only on the road so i can continue listening to SONOS programming while traveling. Won’t use it for anything else despite use with my laptop was main reason for buying it. Bitter taste in mouth on this one, adding to the love/hate relationship with SONOS.

Hi @hanajohnson878,

I can assure you that the issues you mentioned are not common, nor should they be expected. I’ve asked that your open case with our support team get escalated to a senior agent. You should receive a response from them in the next day or so.

What makes you say this is not common?  It is also happening with my Roam - it has been nothing but problems.  I am calling support on Monday (they are closed over the weekend) and am assuming I am going to have to return it.  Very frustrating.  

I experienced the same thing when I got mine, fixed the problem in a few minutes. The Roam doesn’t seem to  like if you have more than one network available to it. I connected if first through Spotify on Bluetooth to make sure it worked out of network, and then I removed the 2nd network i had available for it,  haven’t had any problems since. Plays all the time, doesn’t log itself out, works fine.

Badge +17

I have the EXACT same issues! The Roam have been pretty much unusable. I have been waiting for updates to solve the issues but none of the updates have fixed the problems. I need to do a hard reset (power button for ~13s) every single time i wan't to use it. Then it makes scratching noises, the buttons stop working constantly, the sound get all weird from time to time.

@James L. Can you please help me resolve my issue? How should i proceed?

Hi @johonathan,

I would highly suggest getting in touch with our support team for this. There’s limited troubleshooting we can do here on the community and I think you’d definitely benefit from working live with a support agent.

I have the EXACT same issues! The Roam have been pretty much unusable. I have been waiting for updates to solve the issues but none of the updates have fixed the problems. I need to do a hard reset (power button for ~13s) every single time i wan't to use it. Then it makes scratching noises, the buttons stop working constantly, the sound get all weird from time to time.

@James L. Can you please help me resolve my issue? How should i proceed?

Hi @johonathan,

I would highly suggest getting in touch with our support team for this. There’s limited troubleshooting we can do here on the community and I think you’d definitely benefit from working live with a support agent.

Ok thanks!

Your sample size is one, or those posting in this thread, a handful.  James L. likely has knowledge as to how many of these devices have been sold, and can extrapolate from that number that your particular issue is not common. That doesn’t by any means suggest your issue doesn’t exist, but more so that it’s not occurring with most other users of the Roam, a group that includes as me.