Slow to respond using AirPlay 2

• 12 July 2018
  • 1 reply

So I have two problems:
1. When I airplay content from my iPhone to my Sonos One(Apple Music in this case) and try and skip or pause etc there is a delay of about 1 or 2 seconds for the speaker to catch up. Why is this?
2. In the control centre on the iPhone when playing content through airplay on the Sonos One if you long press on the audio controls it brings up the Sonos One tab which says 'tap to connect' but when I press on it it says connecting for a 20 seconds or so then fails and changes back to 'tap to connect'. What's going wrong?

Please help, thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge
I have not experienced this, but since your request is going through both Airplay and Sonos, it seems likely there would be some delay. I will experiment with this, and see what my experience is. I realize this is not helpful, but I will live with a slight delay in exchange for improved functionality. I speculate, that Apple is probably not real happy about Sonos being able to provide more flexibility in ways people can listen to their purchased Apple Music, because they prefer that people subscribe to their music service. I would like the Sonos app to provide more ease in setting up playlists, with purchased Apple Music, on mobile devices, but wonder if Apple sees this as competition.